Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Good old days...

Did you know there is a website full of antique die cut scraps to print ? For free, I mean.

They might be a little too romantic for me. But the whimsycal animals are so great! I wanted to make something with them for a long time.




And here is the result; a makeover of my childrens IKEA table. I printet out on a normal deskjet printer. If anyone wants to try, I can recommend to dab a bit of glue or lacquer on the picture front side. They can then stand the brush strokes when you countinue with layers of lacker.

It is such a rewarding pleasure to hear my kids talk when they have a little meal at the table. They distribute the animals between them, talk about them, ask questions ("why does that elephant wear a dress?"..) and play roles inspired by them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link! The whimsical animals are great and nice job using them on the table.
Snowbear

Northern Hi-Lights said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today - your work is beautiful - very inspiring, and thanks for the link to the antique clipart - FANTASTIC!! I live in Northern Scotland, and find the whole craft blog culture facinating - check out my blog www.elainesofbanchory.blogspot.com although i'm struggling on the craft front at the moment!!
Elaine x